Dock boards are a vital part of any loading dock, and choosing the right one is critical in ensuring your employees’ safety and the efficiency of your operation.
If you are looking for a new dock board, you may wonder if aluminum or steel is the better option. Here is a precise review of the pros and cons of each material to help you make an informed decision.
- Lighter weight than steel, making it easier to move and install
- Corrosion-resistant, allowing it to maintain its look and finish even after several years of use
- Non-sparking, making it a safer option for use around flammable materials
- More expensive than steel
- More durable than aluminum
- Cheaper than aluminum
- Heavier than aluminum, making it more difficult to move and install
- Susceptible to rust and corrosion
So, which is the better option? It depends on your needs. If you need a dock board that is easy to move and install, aluminum is the way to go.
However, steel is the better choice if you are looking for a heavier-duty board that can withstand more wear and tear.
Whichever material you choose, buy from a reputable manufacturer to ensure that you get a quality product.
Source Equipment Company, Inc. is a leading provider of loading dock equipment in Leominster, Boston, and the 40 miles area. We offer a wide selection of loading dock boards, including aluminum and steel options.
Our team can help you choose the right dock board for your needs and budget.
We also provide superior quality commercial storage products such as pallet racks, mezzanine, steel shelving, record storage units, and cantilever racks.
Contact us today at 1-800-743-5545 for more information about our products and services or to request a quote.